Vice President, Technology and Business Process Optimization
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, and importantly we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
A valued member of Crombie REIT’s Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President, Technology and Business Process Optimization is a thought leader and visionary for Crombie, who understands and ensures Crombie is proactively leveraging Information Technology systems to drive current and future business. The VP, Technology and Business Process Optimization is responsible for the oversight of technology and systems improvements at Crombie, including Crombie’s Enterprise Information and Reporting System and delivers strategy alignment, organizational readiness, business process improvement, organizational performance improvement, and associated change management. Reporting to the CFO and Secretary, the VP, Technology and Business Process Optimization is a member of Crombie’s Senior Leadership team, and is a valued contributor in the execution of Crombie’s national business strategy. Additional duties of the Vice President, Technology and Business Process Optimization include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively and effectively communicate with all key stakeholder groups (Sobeys, vendors, consultants, internal departments, and partners), to influence and understand business objectives, build relationships and recommend national strategies that create value for Crombie and optimize partnerships;
- Demonstrate leadership and operational expertise to develop and lead a lean Information Systems (IS) and Information Technologies (IT) team.
- Lead strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation and management of current and future IS systems and requirements across the organization.
- Build and maintain strong vendor relationships across a variety of platforms and functions, fostering the same behaviors and approach within the team.
- Oversee contract negotiations, purchases and installations of new systems and utilization of third-party consultants.
- Coach, develop and retain top IT/IS talent for the organization, driving value creation for Crombie.
- Collaborate with Financial Reporting and Financial Analysis teams to develop an understanding around system and financial process requirements and to collaborate cross functionally, optimize portfolio and continuously drive financial growth.
- Manage the IS/IT budgets and ensure effective use of financial and talent resources by providing analysis and management of department and organizational costings.
- Focus on continuous process improvement and optimization of information management and business processes through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Lead the change management efforts necessary to improve business performance through IT/IS solutions and capabilities.
- Ensure that the company’s day to day business requirements are satisfied through issue resolution leadership, effective resource allocation and planning.
- Ensure technology solutions and procedures are compliant with all relevant privacy legislation for all existing data systems and platforms (both hardware and software).
- Report out regularly, accurately and clearly on systems progress and organizational performance to team, senior leadership, Board of Trustees and others.
The successful candidate will have:
Our ideal candidate is a strategic and analytic thinker with a minimum of five years’ experience in the technology sector at a senior leadership level, as well as a CPA or MBA. As the VP, Technology and Business Process Optimization, you will possess strong people leadership and coaching skills with an ability to manage complex situations. You must be able to multi-task and work cross-functionally across the organization with peers while driving your team’s success.
The successful candidate must have experience managing a variety of vendors and demonstrate a sound knowledge of finance, real estate and strong business process skills, with the ability to effectively establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers in 2019. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter
Subject: Vice President, Technology and Business Process Optimization