Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Public Relations, the Marketing Coordinator leads and executes marketing activities in Atlantic Canada. The Marketing Coordinator works to drive foot traffic and retail sales and engage with the communities where our properties are located while maintaining Crombie’s brand and reputation. Additional duties of the Marketing Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes marketing programs at Scotia Square, Random Square and Highland Square Mall.
- Manages social media accounts for various Atlantic portfolio properties and provides support for corporate social media accounts as needed.
- Manages and maintains online/digital presence for assigned Atlantic properties.
- Manages community engagement activities at assigned Atlantic properties.
- Identifies, cultivates, manages, and tracks new opportunities for marketing and promotion in the region.
- Looks for opportunity to standardize marketing and community engagement opportunities across our properties.
- Supports leasing marketing initiatives, including signage.
- Creates and manages budgets for marketing activities.
- Ensures property signage is effective and on-brand at all properties, including enclosed and plaza sites.
- Ensures business and reputational risks are considered before undertaking activities or communications and shares issues in a timely manner with appropriate internal parties.
- Ensures marketing and communications processes and best practices are consistently followed to mitigate risk to the property and to Crombie.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications colleagues to share best practices and learn from each other’s experiences.
- Engages customers through proactive and innovative marketing initiatives (such as digital marketing).
- Develops, tracks, and analyzes benchmarks and standards for growth and audience engagement across all digital platforms, and reports on key metrics.
- Builds strong positive relationships with tenants to enhance overall marketing of each property.
- Works closely with property management and leasing teams.
- Maintains a database of demographics, market data, store sales, foot traffic, etc.
- Works with Communications team to ensure successful roll out of annual tenant satisfaction surveys, and subsequent actions arising from survey results.
- Plays a leadership role in employee social activities (social committee).
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate is a strategic, analytical thinker who can develop and collaborate to drive Crombie’s success, with a minimum of two to five years related experience within Marketing, Communications, and Social Media Content Management. A post-secondary education with a focus on Marketing, Communications, and/or Public Relations is preferred. Exceptional interpersonal, writing, editing, proofreading, and organizational skills are essential.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally and have the ability to maintain confidential information. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and locations, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates, and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Marketing Coordinator
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.