Director, People & Culture
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly-engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Vice President, People & Culture, the Director, People & Culture contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by acting as a strategic business partner and leader with accountability for the development and delivery of integrated People and Culture programs that support Crombie’s organizational strategy and growth. The Director, People & Culture is a thought leader who works collaboratively with the VP, People & Culture, Talent Management Team and members of the Senior Leadership Team. Additional responsibilities of the Director, People & Culture include but are not limited to:
- Enables organizational performance and sustainable growth (NOI, FFO, AFFO, NAV) by acting as a business partner for strategy advancement and alignment of culture and talent programs (including current and future workforce demands, organizational design and gap analysis, business change techniques, and performance management.
- Provides leadership, coordination and oversight to advance and deliver people and culture strategies and programs in areas of diversity, equity and inclusion, engagement, recruitment and retention, career development, performance development, organizational effectiveness, return to the workplace, succession planning and wellness.
- Keeps abreast of global events and activities in the real estate industry and follows the activities of Crombie’s performance comparators.
- Keeps abreast of trends in compensation, and in collaboration with the VP, People and Culture makes recommendations on annual compensation adjustments, short-term and long-term incentive programs and awards, benefits, pension, and perquisites.
- Oversees and ensures corporate compliance with local, provincial, and federal employment laws and regulations. Engaging with consultants and legal advisors where necessary.
- Develops and builds a highly effective team that supports future talent needs within the organization. Providing leadership to direct reports.
- Provides leadership to national business units to ensure alignment on structure, roles, responsibilities, performance, and development.
- Oversees organizational analytics and research to support current and future business decisions. Monitoring and reporting on various people and culture KPI’s.
- Engages in and provides input on initiatives and process improvements and efficiencies across the business, leading these initiatives where applicable.
- In collaboration with the VP, People and Culture, oversees the preparation of Board materials, ensuring alignment with strategy and annual priorities, and accuracy and timeliness.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have five to seven years minimum of progressive leadership experience in human resources, talent management or organizational development, as well as a post-secondary degree with preference shown to those who hold an MBA, MSc or other graduate program focused in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or a related discipline. The successful candidate must be able to develop and build upon existing relationships both internally and externally while continuing to grow and develop the strong People & Culture team. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential, as well as the ability to maintain confidential information. The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented, self-starter who is able to positively contribute to organizational growth and culture as a strategic business partner.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume;
Subject: Director, People & Culture
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.