Coordinator, Talent Management
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Management, the Coordinator, Talent Management provides coordination and administration support to the Talent Management team. The Coordinator, Talent Management works to ensure all People & Culture processes run smoothly and talent systems are kept current. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and HR generalist with a keen eagerness to learn all aspects of the employee lifecycle. Additional duties of the Coordinator, Talent Management include but are not limited to:
- Contributes to the execution of Crombie’s talent strategy by working with Director, Talent Management and the Talent team to assist with the development, management and implementation of policies, programs, and strategies that support our strategic priorities.
- Coordinates and supports various programs and processes relating to all aspects of people and culture, including recruitment and onboarding, learning and development, diversity, equity & inclusion, performance management, employee recognition, wellbeing, compensation, benefits, and more.
- Coordinates and serves as a key internal liaison for Crombie’s disability programs.
- Prepares and maintains talent management and employee records, filing, and paperwork, acting as a primary administrator of our Oracle HCM system; maintaining data integrity and ensuring all records are accurate and up to date.
- Participates in quarterly testing of Oracle HCM system to ensure process compatibility and consistent, positive user-experience.
- In collaboration with the Communications Specialist, prepares internal communications related to all aspects of People & Culture (new hires, various program communications, etc.).
- Creates weekly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports by pulling data from relevant systems and leveraging MS Office tools to present the data.
- Assists in creating and editing various templates, including employee paperwork, framework documents, clauses, checklists, position profiles, PANs, etc.
- Conducts hourly recruitment processes and prescreens in collaboration with hiring managers.
- Learns Crombie’s payroll/benefits system and processes to ensure strong backfill and succession for the key job responsibility.
- Ensures distribution lists are kept current and shared with relevant internal teams as required.
- Collaborates with the team to coordinate and support internal and external audit processes, ensuring consistent tracking and filing of audit materials throughout the year and gathering key documents during audit check points.
- Supports Talent team and the business with various projects, communications, presentations, and analysis as necessary.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have one to two years minimum of related human resource/talent management experience in a professional environment as well as a post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably with a focus in Human Resources Management, however all individuals demonstrating strong attention to detail and experience in organizing and managing concurrent projects will be considered. Previous experience using Oracle HCM and/or SAP is considered an asset.
The successful candidate must be able to develop and build upon existing relationships, both internally and externally. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop team members and build relationships internally and externally, as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates, and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume:
Subject: Coordinator, Talent Management
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.