Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
A valued member of Crombie REIT’s team, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for the coordination, development and delivery of internal communications through all communications mediums (including in person, intranet, print, video) and will play a key support role within Crombie’s Communications department. This is a role that collaborates with all departments and regions, proactively supporting them in their communications within their areas. Additional duties of the Communications Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Support the execution of Crombie’s corporate communications strategy, including public relations/external communications and internal communications.
- Proactively create, manage, and develop content and communications (internal and external) on all aspects of Crombie’s business for use across key mediums and communication platforms (e.g., website, intranet, social media).
- With oversight from the Director, Communications, develop, write, and publish compelling and relevant messaging and stories (including fact sheets, speeches, presentations, corporate videos, webinars, social media posts, and other forms of documents), consistent and aligned with strategy, short-term and long-term priorities, brand, and culture.
- Manage and oversee daily media monitoring and distribution, as well as analytics for Crombie’s social media accounts (including accounts for Crombie’s key development projects and support to property-level social media accounts/account owners).
- Provide support for marketing and branding initiatives at Crombie properties, development sites, and leasing activities. Organize and distribute branded collateral across Crombie’s offices and portfolio of properties.
- Provide event coordination and execution, as well as administrative support for the Communications department - managing communication invoices and the general communications inbox.
- Stay current on cutting-edge marketing and communications strategies and tactics, bringing forward creative ideas to drive value creation and engage stakeholders.
- Ensure that voice and language of content on all communication mediums are consistent, overall tone and quality are appropriate, and the brand language and position are reflected.
The successful candidate will have:
Our Ideal candidate is a strategic, analytical thinker who can develop and collaborate to drive Crombie REIT’s success, with a minimum of two to five years related experience with Internal/External Communications and Social Media Content Management. A post-secondary education with a focus on Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Commercial Real Estate, or Commerce is preferred. Exceptional interpersonal, writing, editing, proofreading, and organizational skills are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally, and have the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates, and a fast-paced working environment.
Subject: Communications Specialist